5-Day Programme in Emotional Intelligence
Next Intake (July 17th to 21st, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM 2023)
This 5-day course is designed to equip pastors with the skills and knowledge to enhance their emotional intelligence, enabling them to better serve their congregations and communities. Participants will learn how to recognize, understand, and manage their own emotions and those of others, improving their communication and relationships.
- To increase pastors’ awareness of emotional intelligence and its relevance to their ministry
- To provide practical strategies for enhancing emotional intelligence and applying it in pastoral contexts
- To foster a supportive environment for personal growth and reflection
- Understand the key components of emotional intelligence
- Develop self-awareness and self-regulation skills
- Enhance empathy and social skills
- Apply emotional intelligence principles to pastoral situations
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Define emotional intelligence and its components
2. Assess their own emotional intelligence strengths and areas for improvement
3. Utilize emotional intelligence techniques to manage emotions and respond to others’ emotions effectively
4. Apply emotional intelligence skills to enhance their pastoral ministry
Day 1: Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
– Defining emotional intelligence
– Importance of emotional intelligence for pastors
– Components of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills)
Recommended Reading: Goleman, D. (2006). Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ. Bantam. ISBN-13: 978-0553383713
Day 2: Self-Awareness and Self-Regulation
– Assessing personal emotional intelligence
– Techniques for enhancing self-awareness
– Strategies for self-regulation and managing emotions
Recommended Reading: Bradberry, T., & Greaves, J. (2009). Emotional Intelligence 2.0. TalentSmart. ISBN-13: 978-0974320625
Day 3: Empathy and Social Skills
– Developing empathy for others
– Active listening and effective communication
– Building and maintaining healthy relationships
Recommended Reading: Bariso, J. (2018). EQ Applied: The Real-World Guide to Emotional Intelligence. Borough Hall Publishing. ISBN-13: 978-1986622002
Day 4: Emotional Intelligence in Pastoral Ministry
– Managing emotions in challenging pastoral situations
– Applying empathy and social skills to pastoral care
– Conflict resolution and emotional intelligence
Recommended Reading: Rainer, T. S., & Rainer, J. W. (2011). The Millennials: Connecting to America’s Largest Generation. B&H Publishing Group. ISBN-13: 978-1433670039
Day 5: Personal Growth and Reflection
– Creating a personal emotional intelligence development plan
– Setting goals and tracking progress
– Ongoing resources and support for emotional intelligence growth
Recommended Reading: Covey, S. R. (2004). The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change. Free Press. ISBN-13: 978-0743269513
DURATION | VENUE | FEE
Time:9am to 5pm
Equipping the Saints for Works of Ministry We believe in the value of servant leadership, following the example of Jesus as the ultimate servant leader. We strive to instil this value in our students, emphasising the importance of...
Next Intake (July 17th to 21st, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM 2023) This course in Church Administration and Finance is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage the administrative and financial aspects of a church. The course will...
Next Intake (July 17th to 21st, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM 2023) This course in Church Growth is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to facilitate church growth and development. The course will cover the principles and practices of church...
Next Intake (July 17th to 21st, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM 2023) This 5-day course in Systematic Theology is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith. The course will cover the major themes of theology...
Next Intake (July 17th to 21st, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM 2023) This 5-day course in Hermeneutics and Preaching is designed to equip participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to interpret the Bible accurately and effectively, and to deliver compelling sermons that...
Next Intake (October 2023) This 10-day course in Pastoral Care and Counseling is designed to equip students with a deep understanding of the principles and practices of pastoral care and counseling. The course will cover a range of topics to provide students with a...
Next Intake (August 2023) This 30-day course in Biblical Studies and Ministry is designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the Bible and its application in ministry. The course will cover a range of topics to provide students with a comprehensive...
This comprehensive, 8-week Executive Leadership for Pastors course equips pastors with essential leadership skills and strategies to effectively lead their congregations and communities. It covers a range of topics, including organizational management, strategic...
Next Intake (October 2023) The Advanced Program in Biblical Studies, Practical Theology and Ministry Leadership Course is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become effective leaders in religious communities. This course focuses on...
Next Intake (October 2023) The 8-week online Advanced program in Christian Marriage and Family Therapy provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become effective Christian marriage and family Counselors. The program focuses on the integration of...